Scroll Down For More Information
- Explorer 1 (Blue Run - Rock Climbing and Hiking) - June 30 -July 5 - Ages 11-14
- Explorer 2 (Teen Explorer - West Rim Trail) - July 7-12 - Ages 14-18
- Explorer 3 (Cherry Springs State Park) - July 21-26 - Ages 11-14
Register Soon! Only 20 slots available/camp.
Total Cost: $374/week
Required Deposit: $25 non-refundable deposit is required to secure registration and discounts.
Total Payment: PYC requests that the total cost of camp be paid before arrival to help speed up the check-in process.
Discounts: Discounts and Camperships (Financial Aid) may be available to you. Check out the “Financial Aid” page under the summer camp tab.
Explorer camp is a great opportunity for campers who like to rough it a little bit. They will be sleeping outside, preparing their own meals, and enjoying the beauty of creation. Campers will still be able to participate in many of the activities offered by Penn-York Camp, but each camp also goes on an offsite trip.
- Explorer 1 (Blue Run Rocks) - Will be taking a one night offsite trip to Blue Run Rocks. This is a beautiful location not far from camp where campers will have the opportunity to try their hand at rock climbing, or simply just explore the area. The round trip hike to Blue Run is right around 3 miles, so this is a perfect option for campers who want to try out backpacking.
- Explorer 2 (Teen Explorer - West Rim Trail) - Will be taking a two night backpacking trip on a section of the West Rim Trail. This is a beautiful trail that travels along the edge of the PA Grand Canyon. There are many incredible views along this trail, so campers will want to bring a camera. PYC recommends that campers be in very good physical condition as they will be hiking over extended periods of time with loaded packs.
- Explorer 3 (Cherry Springs State Park) - Will be spending a night at Cherry Springs State Park. Cherry Springs is famous for it's dark skies and incredible star viewing. Campers coming to this camp will want to make sure they bring a flashlight that has a red light option, since normal white light is discouraged at the park.
Parents will drop their children off for camp Sunday afternoon, and then pick them up again Friday evening. Explorer camp is supervised by a director, and then additional summer staff are brought out depending on the number of campers who register. Once registered, a parent can expect to receive an information packet and appropriate forms from the camp via email three weeks prior to the start of camp. For additional information concerning safety, medications, and how PYC's summer camps are run, please check out the "FAQ" page of our summer camp tab or give us a call.
Arrival/Pick Up Times:
Arrival: Sunday between 4-5 p.m.
Pick Up: Friday at 6 p.m.