Scroll Down For More Information
- Explorer 1 (Blue Run - Rock Climbing and Hiking) - July 5-10 - Ages 11-13
- Explorer 2 (Teen Explorer) - July 12-17 - Ages 14-18
- Explorer 3 - July 26-31 - Ages 11-13
Register Soon! Only 20 slots available/camp.
Total Cost: $374/week
Required Deposit: $25 non-refundable deposit is required to secure registration and discounts.
Total Payment: PYC requests that the total cost of camp be paid before arrival to help speed up the check-in process.
Discounts: Discounts and Camperships (Financial Aid) may be available to you. Check out the “Financial Aid” page under the summer camp tab.
Explorer camp is a great opportunity for campers who like to rough it a little bit. They will be sleeping outside, preparing their own meals, and enjoying the beauty of creation. Campers will still be able to participate in many of the activities offered by Penn-York Camp, but each camp also goes on an offsite trip.
- Explorer 1 (Blue Run Rocks) - Will be taking a one night offsite trip to Blue Run Rocks. This is a beautiful location not far from camp where campers will have the opportunity to try their hand at rock climbing, or simply just explore the area. The round trip hike to Blue Run is around 3 miles, so this is a perfect option for campers who want to try out backpacking.
- Explorer 2 (Teen Explorer) - Info coming soon!
- Explorer 3 - Info coming soon!
Parents will drop their children off for camp Sunday afternoon, and then pick them up again Friday evening. Explorer camp is supervised by a director, and then additional summer staff are brought out depending on the number of campers who register. Once registered, a parent can expect to receive an information packet and appropriate forms from the camp via email three weeks prior to the start of camp. For additional information concerning safety, medications, and how PYC's summer camps are run, please check out the "FAQ" page of our summer camp tab or give us a call.
Arrival/Pick Up Times:
Arrival: Sunday between 4-5 p.m.
Pick Up: Friday at 6 p.m.