Scroll Down For More Information
- Explorer 1 (Blue Run - Rock Climbing and Hiking) - June 30 -July 5 - Ages 11-14
- Explorer 2 (Teen Explorer) - July 7-12 - Ages 14-18
- Explorer 3 - July 21-26 - Ages 11-14
Register Soon! Only 20 slots available/camp.
Total Cost: $374/week
Required Deposit: $25 non-refundable deposit is required to secure registration and discounts.
Total Payment: PYC requests that the total cost of camp be paid before arrival to help speed up the check-in process.
Discounts: Discounts and Camperships (Financial Aid) may be available to you. Check out the “Financial Aid” page under the summer camp tab.
Explorer camp is a great opportunity for campers who like to rough it a little bit. They will be sleeping outside, cooking their own meals over a fire, and enjoying the beauty of creation. Campers will still be able to participate in all the activities offered by Penn-York Camp, but will also go on a two day overnight trip to an offsite location.
- Explorer 1 - Will be taking their offsite trip to Blue Run Rocks. This is a beautiful location not far from camp where campers will have the opportunity to try their hand at rock climbing, or simply just explore the beautiful area. The round trip hike to Blue Run is right around 3 miles, so this is a perfect option for campers who simply want to try camping out.
- Explorer 2 (Teen Explorer) - Will be taking a three day and two night offsite trip. More info on this trip will be coming soon.
- Explorer 3 - More information on the offsite trip will be coming soon.
Parents will drop their children off for camp Sunday afternoon, and then pick them up again Friday evening. Explorer camp is supervised by a director, and then additional summer staff are brought out depending on the number of campers who register. Once registered, a parent can expect to receive an information packet and appropriate forms from the camp via email three weeks prior to the start of camp. For additional information concerning safety, medications, and how PYC's summer camps are run, please check out the "FAQ" page of our summer camp tab or give us a call.
Arrival/Pick Up Times:
Arrival: Sunday between 4-5 p.m.
Pick Up: Friday at 6 p.m.