Scroll Down For More Information
- Explorer 1 (Blue Run - Rock Climbing and Hiking) - July 5-10 - Ages 11-13
- Explorer 2 (Teen Explorer - Letchworth State Park) - July 12-17 - Ages 14-18
- Explorer 3 (Asaph Run) - July 26-31 - Ages 11-13
Register Soon! Only 20 slots available/camp.
Total Cost: $374/week
Required Deposit: $25 non-refundable deposit is required to secure registration and discounts.
Total Payment: PYC requests that the total cost of camp be paid before arrival to help speed up the check-in process.
Discounts: Discounts and Camperships (Financial Aid) may be available to you. Check out the “Financial Aid” page under the summer camp tab.
Explorer camp is a great opportunity for campers who like to rough it a little bit. They will be sleeping outside, preparing their own meals, and enjoying the beauty of creation. Campers will still be able to participate in many of the activities offered by Penn-York Camp, but each camp also goes on an offsite trip.
- Explorer 1 (Blue Run Rocks) - Will be taking a one night offsite trip to Blue Run Rocks. This is a beautiful location not far from camp where campers will have the opportunity to try their hand at rock climbing, or simply just explore the area. The round trip hike to Blue Run is around 3 miles, so this is a perfect option for campers who want to try out backpacking.
- Explorer 2 (Teen Explorer - Letchworth State Park) - This year our teen explorer camp will be taking a two night offsite trip to Letchworth State Park. This is an absolutely beautiful location with lots of hiking, waterfalls, and incredible scenery. We will be sleeping in tents, preparing our own food, and having a ton of fun enjoying the wonder of God's creation. We recommend that campers be in excellent physical condition for this adventure.
- Explorer 3 - (Asaph Run) - Explorer 3 will be taking a one night offsite trip to Asaph Run. This is an incredible location in Tioga State Forest north of Route 6. We will be camping in tents, exploring the area on the many hiking trails, and enjoying the beauty of God's creation.
Parents will drop their children off for camp Sunday afternoon, and then pick them up again Friday evening. Explorer camp is supervised by a director, and then additional summer staff are brought out depending on the number of campers who register. Once registered, a parent can expect to receive an information packet and appropriate forms from the camp via email three weeks prior to the start of camp. For additional information concerning safety, medications, and how PYC's summer camps are run, please check out the "FAQ" page of our summer camp tab or give us a call.
Arrival/Pick Up Times:
Arrival: Sunday between 4-5 p.m.
Pick Up: Friday at 6 p.m.